Friday, October 22, 2010

Thinking about holiday dresses already...

Waiting for me in my inbox this morning was an ad for the new McCall's holiday patterns including this dress.


I loooooove this!--the color, the cut out, the asymmetrical seams. Then on Gilt today. I saw this. It's from Daryl K., a brand I have always liked for its tough, yet feminine style.



Notice any similarities?

Cut outs around the chest and shoulders must be a big trend. I do like both of these. I would want to make a dress, rather than spend the money for RTW, but I would hate to spend the time on something without a long shelf life. I could wear it to the holiday party at work, but what about later?

Do you think the cut outs have staying power? Or do you think the dress will look dated by next year?

No comments:

Post a Comment