Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Getting Closer to Having a Mirror, and Wall Update

I finished painting the bathroom mirror, except for the cubby lid which needs another coat. I really like how it turned out. You can't see the areas filled with wood putty at all.


Unfortunately the only studs on the wall where it should hang are on the very edges of the wall. I guess I'll have to make another trip to the Home de Pot and buy a hollow wall anchor. There is one hanger attached to the top center of the mirror. I wonder if this is enough? I could screw little eye bolts into the back and string a wire between them so I could hang it from two wall anchors instead of one ... but a) I don't really want to screw things into an antique, and b) it's a lot more work! I guess I'll see if I can find an anchor or toggle bolt that is rated to hold a lot of weight. In the meantime, I found this helpful video on how they work and how to install them.


In other house news, I realized I never posted photos of my painted kitchen and dining room. 



The color is Benjamin Moore's Hancock Green (HC-117). It has just a tiny bit too much yellow to be called mint green. It's really lovely and I am totally happy with it. 

You can see the kitchen isn't quite done. I need to buy baseboards to go into the nook (where the mini fridge is) so that I can move in the full size fridge. Ah, to have ice again. What a luxury.

Here's the dining room:
P is lending me the table and chairs so I can at least sit down while eating.

My unfinished settee--other than the P's loaner chairs, it's the only seating in the house.
The color is BM Windham Cream (HC-6). I really happy with this color too. As you can see in the above photo, the dark brown living room is yet to be painted, and there are still many, many sticks of shoe molding laying in the center of the room. Of course, the bathroom toilet has been sitting in the living room for months now, so why bother complaining about shoe molding. (*sigh*)

I found out today that my parents are coming to visit at the end of January. I better have at least the front bath baseboards painted, so the toilet and sink can be reinstalled, AND the spare room painted by then, so they have somewhere to sleep. I would like to have all the walls painted too. That means the living room, spare bedroom, front and back hallways and the laundry room. I'll have to wait and see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment