Monday, January 9, 2012

Mirror, Mirror on the Window Ledge and Laundry/Tool Room Redo

This is where the mirror in the master bath is supposed to be.


But for months, I have been using this hand mirror sitting on the window ledge to get ready in the morning.


But no longer!

Ignore the smudge.
I have made some other progress too! Remember this?




I liked the mauve, but it seemed a but dark for the palette. I decided to go with something a little lighter for the laundry room.

When I bought the place the back door frame had been kicked in during a break-in and was broken. The walls and ceiling were brown and the paper covering the sheet rock had been peeled away in place. The floor was filthy and the trim, shelves and baseboards needed to be painted.

Laundry room "before"
P fixed the frame right away and sprayed texture over the sheet rock where needed. I had the ceiling painted white, but since then it has been a place to keep tools, boxes and junk. The floor stayed filthy.

This is after I washed it once just to make sure this crud would come off. I really had to scrub to get it totally clean.
But then this weekend...

Roni wanted to know what's wrong with brown, but she helped me paint anyway.
So what's lighter that mauve and a perfect choice for a room to store tools? Pink, of course!

Benjamin Moore HC-59

The shelves have been painted white and will be hung shortly. Black and white storage bins were on clearance at Target so I cleared them out. I'm thinking the Olin rug from Crate and Barrell for the floor. It's on sale.
Trim and baseboards still to go, but there has been progress. Woot!

So here is the final color palette. I hope it looks happy and airy and not like a nursery. A nursery for my projects maybe, but not the other kind.




2 comments:

  1. Pink is always a good choice I say!!! And I see Roni has her very own doggie door too :) It looks like it's coming along nicely. I'm excited to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see a picture of the toilet in the living room!

    ReplyDelete