Thursday, December 9, 2010

More Settee


The settee is starting to look like a settee. Instead of a deck and removable seat cushion, I am making what is called a tight seat to save fabric. After painting the legs, I covered the burlap on the seat with several layers of cotton so it will be booty-ous maximus.  Then the 3-inch pink foam went over that. A piece of burlap was adhered to the front to create a pull so the front edge is nice and round.


Dacron went over the foam.


  The fabric went on next.



I am excited. I think it's going to be so pretty. Corey wasn't so sure of the fabric when I showed him the photo, but hopefully once he sees it all together in the room, he'll be won over. I love color. Here's a close up of the fabric.


Still to be done: the inside arms and back, tack strip, front arms, welt cord, etc., etc., etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment