Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The Year of Happy


Hi guys. I'm getting personal today. I have never made a resolution that I remember. I always thought it best to strive for self-improvement year round, not just in January. The last couple years have been a rollercoaster of highs and lows for me (divorce, homeownership, health issues, job issues, winning the roller derby championship). It made me realize that maybe I should reevaluate how I view life, the world, and my place in it. And why not do it in January?

This year I want to spend more time each day being happy and/or doing things that make me happy. I know what some of those things are, others I will experiment with and see how they go.  Here’s a few of the known things. The plan is to revisit the list, add, delete and see how it changes over time.

1. Cook more (on my fabulous stove). I’ve started making a list of things I cook that I think are pretty good so that I can refer to it when I’m drawing a blank on dinner ideas. I’ll start printing out recipes I want to try when I see them. Maybe I’ll put them on the fridge next to the shopping list.

 

2.
2. Don’t waste money. I’ve signed up for Mint.com to help me see where exactly I spend it. This is related to the master home renovation list, but I’m not going to put deadlines on individual projects. Keeping it real.

3. Take better photos for this blog.

4. Jam more (roller derby). 

5. Don’t defeat myself/be an awesome blocker/most improved 2013 (roller derby). Inspiration: Self love via galadarling.com.

That's me in red.


6. Explore career options that would make me want to jump out of bed in the morning. Inspiration: liveyourlegend.net

Wishing you all a happy, healthy and productive 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment