Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Lady Grey Muslin


I am trying to participate in Gertie's Lady Grey sew along, but I am way, way, way behind. I am just now starting my muslin. Gertie has almost completed her coat. Better late than never, right?

I have never made a coat or jacket before. Or sewed anything with princess seams, so I am taking this slow. Gertie is doing a lot of tailoring on hers. I don't know how much I'll do on mine. I want to try a little, but I don't want to overwhelm myself. But I want a nice looking coat out of this, so we'll see how much patience I have. My muslin is going to look like a clown coat. I didn't have enough muslin, so I used a couple leftover cotton pieces from old projects. Here is where I am so far.



My finished coat will be winter white (a wool blend) with a leopard print charmeuse lining. I like the look of the original, so I decided to stick with the color.

Colette Patterns
Here is how Roni has "helped" me.


She apparently thought that I needed practice ironing my pattern pieces so she got this one good and wrinkled by running over it whilst pouncing on a toy. Then she thought my sewing room was too neat . . . so she dumped my trash can . . . again.

No comments:

Post a Comment