Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Friday Night Outing

Friday night before the Texas Style Council Clothing Swap, Corey and I went out to dinner at Parkside,  a new restaurant on 6th Street (at San Jac). It had come recommended, although I can't remember by whom. The design is warm with exposed brick and a painted tin ceiling. It has an open air patio on the rooftop, but we ate inside. It's known for it's raw bar, which did not disappoint. Corey had the burger which came with herbed fries with clarified garlic butter. I had the fried oyster "blt" appetizer and the ceviche from the raw bar menu. I forgot to take a photo of the ceviche before I dug it and made the dish all messy.


Parkside did not disappoint. The flavors were simple, subtle but carefully blended. Everything we had was very, very good. I look forward to coming back soon and trying something else. 


After the Swap, we went for dessert and drinks at Sullivan's. Because SXSW had just begun there was a solar-powered carousel (Carousolar by GE) in the formerly vacant lot across the street. The SX crowds hadn't arrived yet so there were very few people in line. I'm a sucker for carousels, so we went over and rode it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment