Friday, July 22, 2011

Bunch of Meanies and Affordable Delusions

We went to the bank and asked for a $5,000 discount off the price to replace the items stolen during the break in. The response from the loss mitigator is as follows "We have an approved negotiator price with the bank. They will not renegotiate because of a robbery or anything else. If this is not acceptable to your buyer, please let us immediately so that we can remarket the property. Call me if you have any questions."

Boo! Bunch of meanies! It's a good thing I just got my bonus check which should at least cover the cost of appliances. 

Remember the delusion I was having about purchasing an O'Keefe and Merrit stove? 


Well the price for a restored stove is about $6,000. Ouch! But look what I found on Craig's List for $375!


Pretty close, no? And WAAAAAAY cheaper. The seller says "It does work. I have had it for about 18 years, and used it as our daily stove until we sold that house. It has been in storage for the last five years. It needs a knob and has a few scratches, dings, and light rust on some parts of the chrome, but has lived a good life for a sixty year old stove!" Sounds like it wants to go home with me. Or at least into my storage locker until I move. I am going to go look at it this weekend. There are plenty of places on the web that sell replacement knobs. 

Now if I can just find a white Big Chill fridge on the cheap. Maybe a scratch and dent? I sent them an email to see if they had any.


There will be an open house on Eagle Trace this Sunday. Come on buyer! I know you are out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment